NZ regional council freshwater nutrient and biomass measurements 2012-2020.
Used to derive nitrogen and phosphorus concentrations and exceedance criteria for managing periphyton in fresh water.
Creative Commons 4.0 International by Ministry for the Environment and Statistics New Zealand
- Site (the number of the data point itself)
- RC (Regional Council that collected the measurement)
- RCSiteID (the identifier used by that specific council)
- SiteName (the Site where the measurement was collected)
- DateChla (date the chlorophyll-a measurement was collected)
- Year (Year of collection)
- Month (Month of collection)
- Chla ( mg chlorophyll-a per square meter)
- NOxppb (Nitrous oxide parts per billion)
- NH4ppb (Ammonia parts per billion)
- DRPppb (Dissolved Reactive Phosphorus parts per billion)
- TNppb (Total Nitrogen parts per billion)
- TPppb (Total Phosphorus parts per billion)
- DINppb (Dissolved Inorganic Nitrogen parts per billion)
- EC (Electrical Conductivity)
- pH (acidity/basicness of the water at the sample location)
- Temp (water temperature in degrees Celsius at time of measurement)
- Turbidity (turbidity of the water at time of measurement)
- Clarity_m (water clarity, in metres, at the time of measurement)
N/A values in the data set refer to an absence of measurement for that specific variable.
Snelder T, Kilroy C, Booker D (2021) Derivation of Nutrient Criteria for Periphyton Biomass Objectives. Using regional council monitoring data. LWP and NIWA Ltd, Christchurch, New Zealand
For subject matter questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.